Link to mp3
Listen to the episode on YouTube
- Adam on Twitter, GitHub
- Adam's blog (posts tagged git)
- The history of TLA, GNU Arch (Wikipedia)
- StackOverflow question that inspired check-ignore
git-deps issues/enhancements mentioned
- allow integration with other git web frontends
- detect whether commit A depends on commit B
- patch theory from darcs (and elsewhere)
Technologies used in git-deps
- git-config - Adam's bag of tricks
- git icing and cherry-menu
- gource history youtube videos
00:00:00 Episode meta, sponsor, etc
00:01:40 Bio, welcome Adam
00:02:08 Tell us how you ended up here
00:05:41 What do you do at SUSE, or about the version control there
00:07:08 What do you think Git got right compared to other tools historically?
00:13:53 Tell us about your involvement with the Git project
00:19:55 What's it like to get code reviewed by the Git mailing list?
00:21:15 Your contribution is git check-ignore?
00:23:47 Tell us about git-deps
00:26:03 Explain these dependencies between commits
00:35:29 Is the dependency analysis made at runtime?
00:38:55 Can you use git-deps as an early-warning system for discovering conflicts?
00:48:23 Case in point: GUI tool for doing rebase --onto
00:51:14 How could git-deps be used in a GUI (musings)
00:54:53 Honorary mention of ungit
00:57:37 Would it be possible to use it in a tool to detect conflicts between unmerged branches?
01:01:27 Any plans or visions for the future of git-deps?
01:03:26 Tell us quickly about the tech-stack running under git-deps
01:05:42 Aren't you using node?
01:07:19 Is it open for contributions?
01:09:34 Anything you would like to promote?
01:13:52 What is your favorite Git Pro Tip?