Link to mp3
Listen to the episode on YouTube
- Tim on Google+, GitHub, Twitter
- Tim's homepage
- Tedit - Git based development environment
- Tedit as webapp, Chrome app
- The latest Tedit demo
- wheaty - JS-Git based application hosting platform
- rye - A Git based publishing platform implemented in lua
- Luvit Asynchronous I/O for Lua, IRC channel is #Luvit on Freenode
- Discussion on incorporating js-git in nodeOS/npm
- git-html5 powers Tailor, an alternative to Tedit
- Google's dev kit chrome app
- NW.js formerly known as node-webkit
- Scott Hanselman interviewed Paul Betts about Atom Shell
More background material about Tim:
- In-depth interview with Tim (October 2013)
- Tim guesting on JSJabber #101 (March 2014)
- Tim guesting on the ChangeLog #124 (July 2014)
00:02:09 Bio, welcome
00:02:26 Tell us about your background
00:03:39 How come you drifted from Node to Lua recently?
00:05:46 What is the use-case for Lua?
00:07:15 What does Luvit add to Lua?
00:08:39 Jumping back to Git, what is your personal VCS experience?
00:13:03 Can you tell me more about the CORS headers issue at the Git hosting services?
00:15:21 What was the plan for js-git after that?
00:17:16 What was the goal of Tedit?
00:19:07 Where do you store the contents in the browser itself?
00:23:20 What is the current state of tedit/js-git?
00:25:55 In summary, what came out of js-git in the end?
00:26:33 What features does Tedit have?
00:27:31 Is js-git too heavy-weight to be embedded in a Git hosting tool?
00:29:04 Why aren't more companies jumping over js-git to make use of it as a Git-starter tool?
00:30:31 Then let's talk about how companies could use js-git or any of these components
00:36:53 Why can you store blobs without commits on GitHub?
00:40:26 Isn't Git in the browser sort of inevitable?
00:41:56 What do people do these days to develop on Chromebooks/browsers?
00:43:23 Other than service-workers, what would you need in order to fulfill the vision of js-git?
00:44:40 Can't you get access to the file-system in HTML5?
00:46:33 What should have been the master plan to complete js-git/tedit?
00:50:41 What would you want to happen to js-git while you're busy elsewhere?
00:52:28 Some js-git vs libgit2 talk
00:59:54 Is Google Dev Kit a replacement for Tedit?
01:01:02 Clear up different kinds of Chrome-based apps
01:04:31 What is the future of js-git?
01:06:15 Any questions I forgot to ask you?
01:06:43 Anything you would like to promote?
01:08:55 Where can people find you online?
01:09:14 What is your favorite Git Pro Tip?
01:10:17 Thank you for coming onto the show!